Stainless UK are CARES approved for processing stainless steel reinforcing bars
- Standard stainless steel reinforcing bar (rebar) diameters range from 6mm to 40mm
- Stock lengths vary from 6.0 to 6.1m and bars can be supplied cut to any length.
The three grades of stainless steel reinforcing bar held in stock are:
- Stainless steel grade 304 (1.4301) Ribbed bar (Rebar) suitable for most atmospheric and concrete covered environments.
- Stainless steel grade 316 (1.4436) Ribbed bar (Rebar) recommended grade for marine and corrosive environments.
- Stainless steel duplex grade (1.4362) Ribbed bar (Rebar) recommended grade for marine and corrosive environments.
The strength characteristics for stainless steel rebar are Proof Strength - 500 N/mm², Ultimate Tensile Strength - 550 N/mm², Elongation - 14%
- Bars can be bent according to the shape codes given in BS 8666.
- Threaded ends with ISO metric threads to BS 3643 can be supplied for fixing applications.
- A full range of accessory products are available including square backing plates, nuts, washers, tying wire, end caps and de-bonding sleeves.
When compared with the costs associated with the use of carbon steel, stainless steel can reduce total lifetime costs significantly.